I've been in love with stories since I was little. They transport you to new worlds and introduce you to characters that you grow and learn alongs...
I’ve been in love with stories since I was little. They transport you to new worlds and introduce you to characters that you grow and learn alongside. There’s something so special about that. To put it simply, books are amazing. Of course, with this love of books I tried writing several of my own when I was little, long before I even understood the necessity of grammar, or anything related to writing. But that comes with the blissful ignorance of childhood! Now after more years of reading and studying the craft of writing, I have a grasp on how to actually do it. Those small stories that hold sweet yet childishly simple ideas are now burried deep in the abyss of my embarrassing memories. But they have pathed the path for me to create new stories. Stories better because of them. Stories that maybe, just maybe, might be good. One day. And for that, I am immensely grateful to them.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!