I write magical MG with LGBTQ+ protagonists. My novels take place in the here and now, but have some sort of fantastical element to up the stakes. I like a fast-paced plot with literary writing and immersive imagery. I studied writing at Lakeland University, and then was a mentee of Laurel Yourke from UW Madison’s writing program. When I’m not writing, I love hanging out with my two bunnies, cooking, and art.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!