Hi , I write middle grade magical realism. I’ve been writing off and on for over ten years in a long term critique group. I’ve also written short screenplays. I love breaking down movies and figuring out how they work. I’m writing full time for the next year or so to see if I can make a career of this before trying to head back into the workforce.
I love to read kids books YA and middle grade. I love engaging characters and interesting plots.
I do not read high fantasy,violent, sexually explicit material.
I’ve also written a contemporary dragon novel, a sci-fi robot mystery. I have a couple of mystery short screenplays.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!