I’m married to a former airline pilot and learned to fly years ago. I have written a children’s chapter book, first in the MELODY’S MUSICAL ADVENTURES series. I’ve written over 2 dozen scripts, from animated to action-adventure. I self published, BIKINI HIP REPLACEMENT, a non-fiction ebook about a new method of hip replacement. I have an etsy store, antiquesplusmore, and have invented a shower caddy that holds a phone.
I enjoy reading and writing action-adventures. My author heroes are Clive Cussler, Herman Wouk, and James Mitchner.
Eight year old Melody wears glasses and is the shortest in the class. She bites her nails after she spells a word wrong. She sadly walks home, knowing her parents will not be happy with her performance. Her mood changes when she spots a dirty old guitar on the sidewalk. Melody can’t believe her good fortune and she gasps in wonder when it moves and speaks to her with a Spanish accent. Cantar was created by a Spanish magician and spirited across the Atlantic on the Mayflower. Cantar glows, sings, and plays Flamenco music. Cantar takes Melody on an after school adventure to Spain where she meets a group of gypsies and learns how to Flamenco dance.
CANTAR THE MAGIC GUITAR is first in the MELODY’S MUSICAL ADVENTURES chapter book series at 4400 words and a grade 2 reading level. It has been professionally edited.
Each book in the series will be about a different magical musical instrument, such as Giocare ( Italian for play), an Italian violin, and its country of origin. A short music lesson is optional. The instruments as an orchestra play together in the last book.
CANTAR THE MAGIC GUITAR is a good fit for the Scholastic Branches early chapter book line. It is similar to series like TIME JUMPERS or THE SILVER PONY RANCH. Comparable TV shows would be THE MAGIC SCHOOL BUS and LITTLE AMADEUS.
I am writing my WWII aviation script into a novel.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!
See something that shouldn't be here?
Error: Contact form not found.