Hi! I’m Jenna, but you can call me Jenn if you like. I am a degree certified book nerd that has a goal of becoming a hybrid-published author (both traditionally and indie!). I am also a booktuber, bookstagrammer, and have my toe dipped into book twitter.
I’m Canadian, and want to reach out to other authors in this age-bracket! 😀
FANTASY!!! Of all kinds. Historical, Urban, High, give it all to me. All age ranges too. For middle grade, I adore Rick Riordan (of course!), his entire imprint of middle grades (especially the Storm Runner books), and Shannon Messenger.
I won’t say hard no to anything, but I don’t particularly love reading contemporary Middle Grades all that much.
Abigail Carter is the New Girl.
And she hates it. She has just moved from her family home into this small town, lost all her friends, her family hates her, and to top it all off, she has been getting these freaky nightmares that just might be coming from the forest nearby.
When she becomes friends with a group of kids, she tries to discover what is really truly going on in the Chestnut Cove forest, and if she can really, finally, find a place she belongs.
With a talking fox, nightmarish shadows, and a magical Autumn Forest hidden in plain sight, she just might.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!