I’m in my thirties and am a stay-at-home mom to two young boys. I’m about 40,000 words into the first draft of my first novel that I committed myself to writing and, dang it, I’m gonna see it through.
I’m a very new writer, so my ability to critique effectively is likely limited, but I swear I’ll do my best.
Anything fantasy, really, but I prefer character-driven stories in worlds that are interesting but not overly complicated. (I want to enjoy the book without taking notes.)
Some books I love:
The Mercy Thompson series and related books.
The Bear and the Nightingale trilogy.
I enjoy Sarah J Maas’s books – even though they make me cringe at times.
I also enjoyed The Night Circus and An Enchantment of Ravens because I’m a sucker for the pretty writing, but the plots fell flat for me.
I’m reading the Smoke and Bone series right now.
Female protagonists are a favorite. I’m fine with romance, love triangles, whatever, but I don’t like it when a guy is creepy/abusive to a girl and she thinks he is fabulous.
Excessive gore; pointless violence
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!
See something that shouldn't be here?
Error: Contact form not found.