Last Modified: Dec 14, 2018 @ 11:01 am
I’m a sucker for portal fantasies and time travel paradoxes.
However I’ve fallen in love with middle grade books that are full of heart and very funny, middle grade books that make my younger self giggle uncontrollably.
Some of my favorite authors are Neil Gaiman, Victoria Schwab, Diana Wynne Jones, Thanhha Lai, Rita Williams-Garcia, Rebecca Stead, etc…
Adult novels. I read them but not enough to be able to provide proper feedback to another writer.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!