I’m a former children’s librarian who had a furry character running around in my head, trying desperately to escape, so I obliged and put his adventures down on paper in my first chapter book, Zippy and the Marbles of Doom.
I love the outdoors, traveling, crafting and going to the movies. And books, of course!
I am a huge fan of historical fiction- Susan Elia MacNeal, Jacqueline Winspear, Amy Trueblood, Sandra Dallas. My favorite children’s authors are Richard Peck, Pam Munoz Ryan (Echo) and Ingrid Law ( Savvy).
I don’t like gore, violence or death of a young person’s parent(s). Not a fan of obscenities unless they are really warranted.
Besides children’s books, I am interested in breaking into magazine writing and writing memoir/short story.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!
See something that shouldn't be here?
Email us about spam, inappropriate content or violations of our community policies. Include the link to this listing and a description of the issue. Thanks!