I’m a former children’s librarian who had a furry character running around in my head, trying desperately to escape, so I obliged and put his adventures down on paper in my first chapter book, Zippy and the Marbles of Doom.
I love the outdoors, traveling, crafting and going to the movies. And books, of course!
I am a huge fan of historical fiction- Susan Elia MacNeal, Jacqueline Winspear, Amy Trueblood, Sandra Dallas. My favorite children’s authors are Richard Peck, Pam Munoz Ryan (Echo) and Ingrid Law ( Savvy).
I don’t like gore, violence or death of a young person’s parent(s). Not a fan of obscenities unless they are really warranted.
Besides children’s books, I am interested in breaking into magazine writing and writing memoir/short story.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!