YA Contemporary Romance, College Friends-to-Lovers
My name is Leila and I am from Los Angeles!
- Swoony, swoony, swoony romance!
- Own Voices
- Female friendship
- Strong sibling relationships
- College-set YA
My favorite TV show is Friends, but I am also a very big Disney Channel fan (no shame). Favorite books include: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, The Selection, The Infernal Devices, and anything written by Morgan Matson or Christina Lauren.
- Anything homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, misogynistic, or fat phobic
This novel is complete at 71,000 words and is told in alternating POVs. I want to write more Young Adult Contemporary Romance (specifically with characters that are college-aged)!
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!