I write because I have to. I’ve written a book about a teen with bipolar. I’m getting this ready to submit. I’m working on a teen rom-com with a little drama.
Last Modified: Feb 6, 2019 @ 10:32 pm
I love books that include humor even when the subject is serious. I also love witty dialogue. I like books with strong heroines and bad boys.
I don’t want to read any horror.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!