Hello my people, Monnarae here. I create children literature, specifically picture books for young readers and pre language building vocabulary. My goal is to increase awareness of the statistics that 1 in 5 children have some form of dyslexia. Hopefully in creating stories that parents will love to tell and children will continue retelling I can help close the gap one child at a time.
I have worked with children in some form or another for over 30 years. I’m a Montessori educator as well as a parent of a special needs child( which is grown now). When I’m not writing or illustrating books I love working in my garden and traveling with my husband.
I love hiking and always have a cup of coffee in my hand.
I’m a totally new writer except in my mind!
I love a good murder suspense detective story with just a touch of romance and comedy. Nora Roberts, Three sister island trilogy or James Peterson.
Nothing that realistically defaces the morales of Christ or my Christian values.
I would like to write more picture books. I would like to also add a MG book series along with activities and coloring books.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!
See something that shouldn't be here?
Email us about spam, inappropriate content or violations of our community policies. Include the link to this listing and a description of the issue. Thanks!