Hello my people, Monnarae here. I create children literature, specifically picture books for young readers and pre language building vocabulary. My goal is to increase awareness of the statistics that 1 in 5 children have some form of dyslexia. Hopefully in creating stories that parents will love to tell and children will continue retelling I can help close the gap one child at a time.
I have worked with children in some form or another for over 30 years. I’m a Montessori educator as well as a parent of a special needs child( which is grown now). When I’m not writing or illustrating books I love working in my garden and traveling with my husband.
I love hiking and always have a cup of coffee in my hand.
I’m a totally new writer except in my mind!
I love a good murder suspense detective story with just a touch of romance and comedy. Nora Roberts, Three sister island trilogy or James Peterson.
Nothing that realistically defaces the morales of Christ or my Christian values.
I would like to write more picture books. I would like to also add a MG book series along with activities and coloring books.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!