I am a lifetime writer who is only now coming out of her shell and needs a little boost/push to keep going. I am a mother of 3 young ones, and that takes up most of my time, and they are always my priority, but I haven’t been able to squash the desire to write, so I need to make a go of that too! I’m Californian and open and honest with everyone I meet and very very low drama, so looking for close to the same, cause I don’t have much time to mess around.
I write how I talk, but that’s not always good, so I need a CP who can help me spot that and fix it. I write with a big picture in mind, but I have small ones around me, so I know how they look at the world, and that helps me flesh out the big ideas to the little picture. I have a few projects in the works, so I’m hoping to find someone who also has that going for them and looking for a similar relationship with their CP.
I love to read so many things, but as a Mom, right now I’m on the go and what time I have for reading is committed to my work (writing) and the children’s bedtime stories. I have an audible subscription that is how I stay on top of my book addiction, and I have a TBR list a couple of miles long. BUT that being said I am willing to make room in my life for the right CP and offer my reading and criticizing services back, so lets build that rapport and I will read anything you want!
I can read some crime, thriller, but they aren’t my go-to choice for reading. Also, erotica must be done with as little cheese as possible for me to stomach it. But I’m not entirely opposed.
YA Fantasy: The Scrolls Of Ellyron Series- its split into 3 books at the moment but possible for more. The first in the series (The Lavender Mirror) is the one I am currently working on but it’s near completion and I have already started book 2.
Middle-Grade Series: The Many Adventure of Teensy and Squeaker is the first in an intended Mouse Series.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!
See something that shouldn't be here?
Error: Contact form not found.