Hi there! I’ve been writing for many years, starting with my first Laura Ingalls Wilder fanfiction at age six. I write exclusively fantasy, because I can’t write a contemporary without throwing in a witch. I live in Denver, Colorado, and when I’m not writing I enjoy cross stitching, watching trashy reality, and tending my garden of half-dead succulents.
I will read almost any fantasy or sci fi. I love lyrical writing in the vein of Laini Taylor and Claire LeGrand.
I am perhaps not the best choice for court intrigue, princesses, princes, secret princesses, or anything like that. I also don’t read much contemporary, so that’s perhaps not the best fit.
I’m in edits with my agent for my historical 1890s fantasy set in Kansas and New York City.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!
See something that shouldn't be here?
Error: Contact form not found.