I write YA fiction and am working on my first novel to completion! I love social justice advocacy, the environment, traveling, dancing, board games, books, and stationary. Professionally, I work full time as a real estate attorney.
I love beautiful prose, plots that include social justice issues/messages, diverse characters, dystopia, fun new worlds, cute romances, etc. Marissa Meyer is one of my favorite YA authors!
I prefer not to read any gore/violence/horror/rape.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!