MG | fairy tale meets classic fantasy | knights | thieves | brothers | birds
Hello! I’m Elza (it’s short for Elizabeth). I’m a graphic designer by day, a hand lettering and snail mail enthusiast, really big on puns and other word nerdy stuff, and slightly obsessed with clothes (especially combat boots). In other words, your stereotypical creative type.
I read, write, and blog Middle Grade. I love fantasy, magical realism, spooky stories, and just about anything with pictures. My favorite genre is “houses on the cover”.
~quirky old houses
~the outsiders / rebels
~healthy friendships / family dynamics
~puns / wordplay / dry humor / sarcasm / ironic humor
~creepy (not scary)
~anything Diana Wynne Jones-esque
~gore / descriptive violence / murder
~drama for the sake of drama
~toxic relationships of any nature (bullying, abuse, bad friends, etc.)
n/a (manuscript is under revision at this time)
Several projects in the works, mostly fantasy, fairy tales, and magical realism.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!