I’m a mother of middle grade kids. I have been writing most of my life and am now at a point where I would like to try to get traditionally published. I enjoy writing for middle grade because I like where the kids are in their development. I started this novel because I really loved seeing how the kids in my daughter’s class interact with each other. I wanted to write something to celebrate them for who they are.
I love books that have a lot of introspection.
I love books that have just the right details to make a world pop.
I love books that leave breadcrumbs that allow the reader to go back and read a second time and find nuances they didn’t see the first go around.
I don’t care for historical fiction.
I have ideas for a sequel in this world and a MG magical realism novel.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!