I’m a mother of middle grade kids. I have been writing most of my life and am now at a point where I would like to try to get traditionally published. I enjoy writing for middle grade because I like where the kids are in their development. I started this novel because I really loved seeing how the kids in my daughter’s class interact with each other. I wanted to write something to celebrate them for who they are.
I love books that have a lot of introspection.
I love books that have just the right details to make a world pop.
I love books that leave breadcrumbs that allow the reader to go back and read a second time and find nuances they didn’t see the first go around.
I don’t care for historical fiction.
I have ideas for a sequel in this world and a MG magical realism novel.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!
See something that shouldn't be here?
Email us about spam, inappropriate content or violations of our community policies. Include the link to this listing and a description of the issue. Thanks!