My name is Martha. I’m a fourth grade teacher and Middle Grade writer looking for long term critique partners (and friends!).
As a life long day dreamer with ADD I’ve been telling stories in my head for as long as I can remember. I just recently had the confidence and focus to start writing them down.
When I’m not writing I enjoy being outside as much as possible, sewing, cooking, traveling, petting dogs and reading.
My favorite genres are Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Historical Fiction, but I enjoy them all. I love to read anything that challenges the reader in some way. I’m currently reading CHAINS by Laurie Halse Anderson and THE GIRL WHO DRANK THE MOON by Kelly Barnhill.
Seneca Dayton is an 11 year old girl who was born and raised on Nahara, a space ship orbiting Earth. Despite constant news about the dangers of living on Earth, Seneca and her best friend Hector fantasize about one day returning to their families’ home. When tensions at home and school spiral out of control, Seneca takes the first opportunity given to her and runs away.
I have two other story ideas in the brainstorming stages. One is a historical fiction/realistic fiction immigration tale. The other is a fantasy series with strong connections to the environment.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!