Middle grade fantasy adventure novel; themes of friendship, strong female characters, and taking risks.
I love reading classics. Childhood favorites include The Velveteen Rabbit, A Little Princess, Anne of Green Gables, The Chronicles of Narnia and Little Women. Current favorites include anything by Jane Austen and Oscar Wilde. But I really just love a good read. Anything from Harry Potter to politics, if it’s well-written and intriguing I’ll read it. I do, however, have a soft spot for books that speak truths about the human condition.
I don’t care for things that are too blunt, or that have unrealistic and dramatic love scenes. I also have an aversion towards trendy themes.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!