I love reading classics. Childhood favorites include The Velveteen Rabbit, A Little Princess, Anne of Green Gables, The Chronicles of Narnia and Little Women. Current favorites include anything by Jane Austen and Oscar Wilde. But I really just love a good read. Anything from Harry Potter to politics, if it’s well-written and intriguing I’ll read it. I do, however, have a soft spot for books that speak truths about the human condition.
I don’t care for things that are too blunt, or that have unrealistic and dramatic love scenes. I also have an aversion towards trendy themes.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!
See something that shouldn't be here?
Email us about spam, inappropriate content or violations of our community policies. Include the link to this listing and a description of the issue. Thanks!