Hi – I started my writing by taking several children’s writing courses – about 20 years ago. I completed most of a draft of a a middle grade book while working full time teaching nursing while we raised 4 children. I published in academic journals. Now I am retired and we are expecting our 8th grandchild. The pandemic has given me more time to write but I decided to work on a PB story with the goal to publish in 2021.
I like to walk, cycle, swim, go to Aquafit classes, play doubles squash, zoom with friends, and hang out with my grandkids ( not til we all get the vaccine sometime in 2021).
Love action stories, relationship stories, silly and sad stories, travel in time stories, and imaginative stories of all types.
No very eclectic in my reading
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!