Hi, my name is Amanda. I write YA/NA. I really love low fantasy and realistic fiction, and enjoy work that explores the complexities of human relationships. Outside of writing, I work full-time and enjoy playing video games.
Diversity, especially LGBTQ
Strong female characters
Complex relationships, especially platonic relationships
Re-tellings of myths or fairytales
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!