Out of Practice YA seeks CP and accountability partner for YA fantasy
I love telling stories and reading so that’s why I write. I studied English in college (primarily British Lit) and concentrated in creative writing. I haven’t done a lot of writing since graduation (2014). I’ve completed a master’s degree in an entirely unrelated field, moved across the country alone, and gotten a dog for the first time all since then.
I enjoy going to the beach, wine tasting, watching tv/film, baking, and reading about writing instead of actually doing it.
I am seeking someone who can truthfully and thoroughly critique my work, help with brainstorming, and probably most importantly at this point hold me accountable.
Favorite books read in 2019:
- Contagion duology by Erin Bowman
- Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin
- The Folk of the Air series by Holly Black
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
- An Unexpected Guest by Shari Lapena
- Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas *still working through it*
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!