Screenwriter writing a YA Fantasy Thriller seek CPs
California Screenwriter, new at novel writing seeks CPs for novel I am just starting. I am writing a High Concept YA Fantasy heavy on Mystery/Thriller genres – of course, Romance is my B plot.
Right now reading: YA Mystery, Thrillers, Monster In The House, Magical realism, High Concept Fantasy, hybrids.
Love the classics in fiction: Salem’s Lot ( I consider it classic!), all Sherlock Holmes, all Agatha Christie
No really graphic violence, rape, or unhapppy endings. No Apocalyptic Dystopian please.
A screenwriter in LA/SF. I write Action Adventure, Family Fantasy, Hybrid Action Adventure, Sci/Fi, Mystery/Thriller Genres. My Film /TV company writes, develops and produces content for Transmedia distrubtion. Since I own this business anyone sending me material must sign a waver, as with any Production company, even if I am only partnering as a CP partner .
Please note: This is a personal endeavor, and not a call for materal for my company to review.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!