I have worked for many years as a teacher and school librarian with kids ranging from pre-K to 12th grade. I enjoy reading and writing different genres – current WIP is a realistic near-historical (set in the 90s), but I have other projects with speculative elements. I have a complete draft of WIP and am digging into revisions so I can query agents. This is my second completed MS; I put my last one out on submission but didn’t get much interest. I’d like a beta reader for this project, with the potential for an ongoing CP arrangement.
Besides reading and writing, I love crafting, playing music (ukulele and guitar), superheroes, Hello Kitty, my actual kitty, Chris Evans, and Beyoncé.
A few favorites: anything by Sarah Dessen, The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater, The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, any of the Hawkeye comics featuring Kate Bishop (not technically YA, but YA adjacent), The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon, Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein, and Midnight at the Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson (underrated gem!).
I am out on animals in peril, and I have a hard time with sexual violence, unless it is handled very delicately. I’m also not the best choice for horror or anything super dark.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!
See something that shouldn't be here?
Email us about spam, inappropriate content or violations of our community policies. Include the link to this listing and a description of the issue. Thanks!