I have to be honest, I have never done anything quite like this, however, I am striving to publish my first novel and need someone to read trough my work and critique me.
I would love to work alongside a fellow writer who is also passionate about publishing their work. Mainly I’m looking for writers interested in supernatural, mystery, thriller and LGBTQ+
I mostly started writing this story because I got sick of bad LGBTQ+ representation in the media.
About me: I’m a 20 yo trans gay male studying Graphic Design.
Books and Art are basically two of the main components of my whole being.
I like reading anything to be honest. YA as well as classic novels, horror and good old crime whodunit’s.
My favorite authors are Edgar Allan Poe, J. R. R. Tolkien, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Ben Aaronovitch
(I am very scared of talking to people, so I need my time to reply to messages.)
I like a lot of things in books and depending on the book those things change. But here is a basic overview.
- I love immersive characters. Sometimes I read books I find uninteresting just because there is a character I like.
- Some sort of mystery that keeps me turning the pages even though I wanted to stop reading an hour ago.
- Good pacing. No stops in the story, waiting or standing completely still of the Protagonists.
- LGBTQ+ and Neurodivergency, Mental Illness representation is something I love to see.
- Fantasy/Paranormal mixed with mundane problems.
- I really don’t mind any genre.
I’m open to anything but I have a hard time reading dramas that have no happy ending and are drenched in misery or books that are triggering to me.
The Art of Haunting follows Ty, Diom and their friends, a group of paranormal investigators.
Ty is a sceptic, only lending his skills as cameraman to the group out of a sense of loyalty to his best friend.
Diom is a Medium, haunted by his past and all the ghosts he sees. He joins the group under the watchful eyes of his sister.
Intrigued by the mysteries surrounding Diom, Ty discovers the truth about the Supernatural which already might be more than he bargained for.
Ty’s personal investigations regarding his feelings come to an screetching halt when they realize a Cult has been following them, taking interest in their Medium.
(This book features themes of Religious (c)PTSD, Death and of course cult activities.
Lgbtq+ themes including gay characters, realisations, relationships and mental health play a role as well.)
I plan on continuing The Art of Haunting.
I also have a few drafts for more short stories/Novels surrounding the paranormal and myseries.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!