Raised in the bustling metropolis of Karachi, Pakistan, I love the beach, spicy curries, samosas, reading, traveling, and baking with my kids. When I am not writing, you will find me cooking up a storm! I am a graduate of the Children’s Book Academy, and run a Children’s Book Review group on Facebook. I also have a growing following on Instagram, where I share snippets from my author journey and life in Pakistan. I currently have 4 books under contract with faith based publishers, all of which feature a diverse protagonist.
I enjoy reading books that are humorous, have a good moral, but arent too didactic.
I like seeing strong characters, who have quirks that stand out. anything with a protagonist of color.
sci-fi/ drills, horror in any form.
A page turning picture book- without a real plot. based on a red head, who aspires to be more and do more.
This Is a red squiggle…
It is not just a red squiggle…
It is a strand of hair.
But it is not just a strand of hair…
It is a strand of hair on a head full of red hair.
It is not just a head full of red hair…
It is a head full of ideas.
The girl with the red head full of ideas did not just let her ideas sit in her head,
she drew them out …
I want to write #ownvoices and about south asian children.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!