I’ve written picture and chapter books: MONSTER GOOSE NURSERY RHYMES (Pelican, 2015), WHEN YOU GIVE AN IMP A PENNY (Pelican, 2016), MABEL AND THE QUEEN OF DREAMS (Schiffer, 2016), LITTLE RED CUTTLEFISH (Pelican, 2016), CAP’N REX & HIS CLEVER CREW (Sterling, 2017), GOOD EGG AND BAD APPLE (Schiffer, 2018), HOW THE SQUID GOT TWO LONG ARMS (Pelican, 2018), ALICE’S MAGIC GARDEN (Familius, 2018), and TWO PIRATES + ONE ROBOT (Kane Miller, 2019), THE MAGIC SPATULA (Month9, 2020), and I AM SMOKE (Tilbury House, 2021).
I’m starting to write MG novels, and want to find experienced authors with whom to share critiques. Thanks!
fantasy, scifi, creativity, humor, insight into the human condition
extreme violence, prejudice, x-rated stuff
When the human reference materials she needs for her xenology report go missing from the library at the Proxima Centauri b Middle School for the Gifted, Tamni and her alien friends make an unauthorized field trip to Earth.
11 picture/chapter books under contract with traditional publishers
3 short stories bought by Highlights for Children magazine
6 adult short stories/microfiction in horror anthologies
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!
See something that shouldn't be here?
Email us about spam, inappropriate content or violations of our community policies. Include the link to this listing and a description of the issue. Thanks!