My hope is to find someone who has the same desire as I do.
I write middle-grade novels about a young girl and boy and the adventures they have has friends and later as a sister and brother when their parents marry. I first wrote these stories for my granddaughter and later found classes online and redid them to put out for the public to read. I am looking for an agent but also want to have my work before someone who will give an honest critique. I will be happy to critique others work. I also have written a few picture books.
As I am older I prefer books that are similar to the Nancy Drew books.
I’m open to most. If after exchanging a few chapters and I feel I can not do justice to your work, I will let you know. I hope you would do the same.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!