Hi, guys! My name is Tara and I’m a twenty-something Midwestern gal trying to find her way in the crazy world of writing. I enjoy reading and writing YA and NA Fantasy along with the occasional contemporary romance novel. I grew up as an avid book worm but it wasn’t until college that I started to get serious about writing. About a year ago I wrote my first NA Fantasy novel and am currently querying to agents in hopes of traditionally publishing. My current WIP is YA Fantasy, and I am looking for a fellow writer to exchange chapters with, bounce ideas off of, and as a whole help each other become better writers. If you are already a published author, I would love to work with you and learn your magical ways!
I work full-time as a laboratory technologist and spend my free time riding horses and rodeoing. And before you ask, no I’m not that weird horse girl you knew in high school. I also enjoy spending time with my husband, two dogs, baking, and taking naps.
Sarah J. Maas will always stand out as one of my favorite authors. Light humor, strong-willed female leads, and fiery romance amid an action packed novel are all things I’m a sucker for. I also really enjoy novels that are a little dark and twisted, or main characters fighting inner battles. I have a terrible gift for guessing plots, so if you can keep me on my toes, I’ll be your biggest fan!
A few other authors I enjoy are: Adrienne Young, Shelby Mahurin, Renee Ahdieh, Tarryn Fisher, Becca Fitzpatrick, Wendy Higgins, Lauren Oliver, and Leigh Bardugo.
I’m usually pretty open to anything as long as it’s well thought out and tasteful.
Some memories last a lifetime, but for the people of Sarketh that’s rarely the case.
Possessing the rare ability to see and steal another’s memories with the simple touch of her hand, seventeen-year-old Brinley Banks has been recruited to work for the royal castle of Sarketh. Stripped of the life she once knew, Brin reluctantly serves as an interrogation agent for Queen Corvina, a twisted and conniving ruler who uses Brin’s gift for her own personal gain.
Soon after Brin’s employment, a mysterious plague spreads across the kingdom, causing grotesque side effects of those infected and rendering them without speech. When Ira Wyles, a plague-stricken rogue of the Crown is detained and brought to Brin for interrogation, she does what she does best—steals memories. Only after sorting through Ira’s mind does Brin come to the horrifying conclusion that the plague was created intentionally by the Queen herself.
Feelings and lines blur as Brin and Ira begin working together to take down Queen Corvina and rid Sarketh of the plague. Only one thing is certain for Brin—keep your memories close and your enemies closer.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!