Hello, I’m Taylor! I’m 28 and I work in schools as an RECE. I’ve just completed my 2nd draft of a YA Fantasy novel (planned series). I’ve been hoping to find CPs who will help me out or do a swap! I’d love to make long-term CP friends, but a one-off is fine too. The writing in my novel has not been worked on as I’ve decided to do that last. I want to make sure that I’m not wasting time trying to get writing perfect for things that may change or get deleted. That said, my second draft was really focused on plot and character, trying to make it all make sense.
Besides writing, I love to read (obviously). My favourite books are Carry On, Strange the Dreamer, The Cinder series, and The House in The Cerulean Sea. I also love anime and traveling.
Strong female characters, LGBTQ+ people and relationships, whimsy, lovable characters
Strong/Frequent erotica, no extensive child or animal abuse
I write mostly YA Fantasy. I’m about to start outlining a YA Fantasy based in the real world where a girl gets a heart transplant and the ghost of the heart she now has starts haunting her. She is introduced to a magical world that she never knew existed or was part of.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!