YA Fantasy Writer- Multiple realm adventure with magic users, war, unification of enemies, nobles, love & hijinx WiP
Hi, i’m Taylor. I’m a 26-year-old kindergarten teacher by day and wanna-be published writer at night. I write predominately YA Fantasy. I love those two genres and all the ideas that pop into my head just happen to be in that area.
When I’m not writing I love board games, movies and of course reading.
I love strong (fleshed out) women, LGBT is a plus, fantasy with significant world building, character driven stories, cool & unique magic systems, and of course some humour thrown in.
I’ve been writing since I was 13 and I’m now really in the place where I want to go hard on writing and hopefully publish.
Authors I love: Laini Taylor, Marissa Meyer, V.E Schwab, Maggie Stiefvater, Rick Riordan.
Anything discriminatory, I’m not fond of westerns, and straight romance isn’t usually my thing.
Icarus is a gypsy, a race of magical people who can travel between the six realms and wield the powers of the elements. For years, gypsies have been persecuted and slaughtered, headed by a man known as the Red King, who rules the realm of Azure. Icarus has been in hiding for years with her two fathers in a small town, but her safe life in Cora is about to be turned upside town, when the red king finds all the gypsies, pulling them into his realm to ask for their help.
Ancient powers long ago trapped by the gypsies known as demons have escaped, and the only people who can help the realms are the last remaining of the people they’ve persecuted for so long.
Icarus will have to find the strength to face the man she’s feared all her life, a destiny she never knew she had, and a boy whose attention makes her more afraid then anything else
I have, unsurprisingly, a lot of ideas. I have another YA Fantasy completely plotted out and world built (Yes, i’m an outliner) and will work on that next.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!