I am a freelance copywriter and journalist with dreams of becoming a published author one day. Soon to be grad school student and am obsessed with all things Disney.
I love YA specifically fantasy, historical fiction, historical fantasy. My favorite tropes include enemies to lovers romance and a good falling in love during a ballroom scene. Stories that take place in really awesome locations where the worldbuilding and magic feels new and fresh are a total “yes” for me.
I don’t read a lot of contemporary or romance (but I have read some) so I’m not sure if I can really help you out there.
(I need to work on it more but…)
After eighteen-year-old Lady Scholar Arwena Brittain graduates from the prestigious Braesford University, she wants nothing more than to work as a scientist in an astronomy lab in Gaule, a country across the ocean from Albion, and the freedom to live without familial restrictions.
Studying astronomy at Braesford allowed for Arwena to indulge in her passion of the sky beyond the horizon — even if her mother finds it useless. Braesford gave her a chance to make friends with students around the world and make her own independent decisions. But her graduation ceremony marks the end of Arwena’s freedom and to accept a promise she made with her parents three years prior: leave her county of Leightonshire to study before returning to be crowned Lady Apprentice.
Arwena discovers as she returns home that Leightonshire is slowly falling into disarray: the dangerous Bane — the disease that killed Arwena’s older brother when she was thirteen — creeps ever closer, killing one of Leohton Castle’s footmen, and her worried parents have grown gaunt that their only living child and heir will contract the disease before marrying a proper suitor. While her parents want her to accept their simple (and science-less) plans laid out for her, Arwena will not be cornered, using an engagement to the handsome Lord Oliver Dorset as a cover before running away from home.
Upon entering Leightonshire’s countryside and accepting the fire magic that travels through her veins, Arwena must ultimately decide to either acknowledge her own family’s past in order to end the notorious Bane or focus on her own future and settle with the haunting past that just might kill her.
Currently working on a dark fantasy retelling of The Nutcracker set during the Napoleonic Wars.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!
See something that shouldn't be here?
Email us about spam, inappropriate content or violations of our community policies. Include the link to this listing and a description of the issue. Thanks!
Error: Contact form not found.