I’ve been telling myself stories my entire life, but never wrote much fiction until after I graduated college. I completed my first NaNoWriMo in 2014 and I credit that event for finally giving me the courage to write the stories I’d been imagining for years. Most of my writing to date has been YA Fantasy and SciFi, but I also am an avid lover of rom-coms and have also tried my hand at an adult romance/rom-com. I’m open to exploring other genres as ideas get in my head and refuse to leave me alone!
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!