YA Rom-Com for Asexuals
I just finished revising the first draft of my first rom-com style MS. I’ve never written any book with any kind of romance before, but felt inspired to write a story for non-romantic people such as myself! I identify as asexual and thought it would be fun to write a love triage meets coming-out story with an asexual main character. Some of the character’s experiences come from my own experience in life so this story is much more personal than others I’ve written, but I still want solid critique for how to make the story better.
About me, I work as a nanny in Chicago. Love me some Netflix and kitty cuddles, and am always up to play board games.
I love characters that draw me into the story. I tend to gravitate towards contemporary/real-life stories told well, but will read anything recommended to me. I read a lot of YA and MG fiction since that is what I write as well. Guilty pleasure book right now is GEEKERELLA. I also adore anything with a dragon in it and light fantasy!
I’m not interested in reading a story where the main plot of the book is centered around suicide. I’m also not the best choice for horror, high-fantasy, or sci-fi.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!