I write YA. I love working with magical realism and fairy tale retelling. Mostly I think of myself as a novel writer – but I’ve spent the last six months working on YA short stories. I’m not a beginner, but neither am I published (yet!)
In my non-writing life I’m the mother of twins and work as a non-profit community organizer.
Patrick Rothfus – The Name of the Wind, Laini Taylor – Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Maggie Stiefvater – The Raven Cycle, Leigh Bardugo – The Grisha, N.K.Nemisin – Inheritance, Alex London – Black Wings Beating
Violence against women
Brigid is fifteen, still trying to figure out who she wants to be, and her mom isn’t helping. When her mom accepts a photo assignment that takes them to remote Northern Vancouver island to try and fight the oil tankers crossing the Salish Sea and threatening the coast, Brigid must find allies and bridge the gap between locals and environmental protestors, and connect with the Spirits of Water in this magical place, and attempt to save the coast from disaster.
I have four books drafted in a six book YA series, plus a dozen short stories – in various states of readiness (some are being submitted, some are still rough drafts)
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!
See something that shouldn't be here?
Email us about spam, inappropriate content or violations of our community policies. Include the link to this listing and a description of the issue. Thanks!