I write YA and MG contemporary/urban and light fantasy. This is my second manuscript and I have not started querying it yet. It’s gone through 6 revisions and one CP.
I love to read YA and MG urban/contemporary fantasy. Light fantasy and secondary world fantasy are fine too. I like to read books with a strong, positive message, even if the story is dark.
I’m not the right person for epic fantasy or sci-fi. I’m also not a great fit for horror or gore…I get scared easily!
A little romance is fine but I’m not big on hot and steamy, definitely no sex scenes.
Independent 16-year-old Dani Chesterfield loves one thing in life: seeing her favorite rock bands with her best friend Eric. Being a cemetery caretaker doesn’t make Dani enough money to support her irresponsible parent, let alone buy her tickets to her favorite shows. The only way she can afford both is to harvest miraculous healing clovers in a hidden cemetery field and sell them to locals.
When acts of violence plague her town, Dani realizes with horror that the culprits are her clients. History is repeating itself; a clairvoyant physician buried in her cemetery used the same miracle over 100 years ago with the same side effects: heinous crimes and bloody murders. Like her patients’ bodies, the truth was buried deep.
Dani knows it’s up to her to stop the violence. The problem is Dani’s experiencing symptoms herself. Accepting help from Eric is hard enough, but she’ll also need assistance from her 200-year-old family friend and the ghost of the clairvoyant physician to create a cure before she is lost to the violence brewing inside of her.
I write YA and MG contemporary/urban fantasy and light fantasy.
Here are some best practices for reaching out to a potential CP:
- Include the link to your own CP Match profile! You can find it on your Dashboard. Don't have one yet? What are you waiting for? Anyone with a WriteOnCon.org account can make one!
- Introduce yourself a little, and say what appealed to you about their listing.
- Respect what's listed here in their profile. They took the time to fill it out, and they've included this information for a reason. Don't send a message about a book they specifically say is a Hard No, for example.
- Offer to swap a small sample of your works, so you can see if you're really compatible. First chapters are a good starting place.
- If one party no longer wants to continue the interaction, it's nobody's fault. Sometimes finding the right CP takes time.
Happy writing and CPing!
See something that shouldn't be here?
Error: Contact form not found.