Anita Mumm is a freelance novel editor and writing teacher. Her home base is in the mountains of Colorado, but when wanderlust kicks in, she enjoys working from just about anywhere. Her editing clients include traditionally published and indie authors at all levels of experience, from international bestsellers to first time novelists. Previously, she worked in submissions & foreign rights at Nelson Literary Agency. In addition to her editing projects, Anita frequently teaches classes about writing and publishing. You can read more about her work at www.anitamumm.com.
Books Anita Mumm has Edited:
Testimonials About Anita Mumm:
- “Anita Mumm critiqued my query letter and the first chapter of my MG novel just before I submitted to agents and it was the best decision ever. Although I spent countless hours on the manuscript and had it critiqued several times by fellow writers, Anita found ways to make it even better. I gained confidence knowing that an experienced professional reviewed my work and gave me constructive and valuable feedback. I definitely recommend Anita’s services to make your work the very best it can be.”
- “I contacted Anita for a query critique after working long and hard on my query letter and getting it to the point where I knew I couldn’t make it any better on my own. There was no doubt in my mind that Anita, with her vast experience fielding query letters for Nelson Literary Agency, was the person to ask. Her advice turned out to be invaluable! Not only did she help me trim my pitch, but she offered advice on how to rearrange certain aspects to use them to their best advantage. Anita gave detailed answers to any question I asked, and especially spent a long time helping me navigate the nuances of the “tag line/hook” quagmire and decide what worked best for my query. I highly recommend Mumm’s the Word Editing and Critique Services. After sending only a handful of queries to my preferred agents, I received requests for the full manuscript from major talent agencies within days, and an offer of representation only a month after beginning the query process.”
- “Anita provided me with an extremely thorough and thoughtful critique, pointing to both the positives in my writing and those aspects that needed greater attention. Her keen eye picked up on details that I had completely missed. She helped me polish my manuscript to a perfect shine without infringing on my voice or imposing a separate vision on my story.”
- “Anita’s experience in reading thousands of manuscripts, her keen eye for narrative detail, and her obvious passion for the craft of storytelling all shine through in her critiques. The editorial notes she sent me were not only thoughtful, clear, and accurate, but she also has the gift of being genuinely supportive and encouraging of the authors whose projects she’s editing. I highly recommend her services and hope to have the pleasure of working with her again!”
- “Anita Mumm is amazing! I cannot recommend her services highly enough—whether someone is about to query a project or about to go on submission. Anita’s eye for detail is extraordinary. Every comment she made on my pages was thoughtful—and absolutely right on. Her critique really helped bring clarity to some of the areas I was concerned about; she also brought up some great points I hadn’t considered before. The thing I appreciate the most about Anita, was that she didn’t just look at my work and impose her vision on it, she took the time to ask me questions about my writing and background, so that she could see exactly what I was trying to achieve with my writing. I wish I’d known Anita when I tried to query my first novel—maybe then it wouldn’t haven taken me so long to sign with my dream agent!”