What Are WriteOnCon Ninja Agents?
We’re thrilled to be bringing you our NINJA AGENT program again! You know you want to see them all decked in black — or maybe polka dots. This program will take place in the forums so you must be registered to participate. Instructions for that will be added soon!
What You Do:
- Post your absolute best, polished query letter or writing sample in the appropriate critique threads in the forums. (Please look carefully and ask questions if you’re unsure about where to post, and make sure you follow all of our forum guidelines.)
- Don your thick dragon skin, cross your fingers, and keep checking your forum posts, because our Ninja Agents will be sneaking around, leaving feedback on whatever strikes their fancy — which could very well be YOUR QUERY.
- Pray you’ve perfected your work enough to generate a request. Some agents may be requesting from the posts they read.
- Remember your manners. Please don’t engage in hurtful behavior toward an industry professional because of feedback they might leave on your query. Remember, publishing is SO SUBJECTIVE.
That’s it. That’s all there is to it. All you have to do is use our forums the same way you should be using them anyway (because they’re AWESOME) and you could have a super-cool Ninja Agent critique your work. And even if they don’t comment on your work (they promise they will try to critique as many as they can), you can learn SO much from the comments they leave for others. Because really, the best part about the forums is that you can go read the feedback whenever your schedule allows.
What the Ninjas Do:
- Each Ninja Agent will be in the forum for at least one hour (some have multiple slots). You won’t know who, and you won’t know when… that’s the beauty of a ninja. They strike when you’re least expecting it.
- Ninja Agents have been encouraged to leave feedback — as detailed or as vague as they want — on as many queries as they can. They can also request from the queries they read.
We will announce soon who the Ninja Agents are, but not when they’ll be Ninja-ing or who’s who.
The forums open Wednesday, February 1st, one day before the conference begins, for you to start posting your work. This will give you time to get your writing in tip-top shape and in the forums before Thursday the 2nd, when our first Ninja will arrive.
We hope this program will benefit everyone, from those who post their query to those reading the comments/opinions from some of the top literary agents in the publishing world.
Questions? Ask them here!